Artsy Monday #6

It's another artsy, smartsy, Monday!  And here's the artistic piece of choice:







This is one of the first pictures I drew after I finished my major masterpiece about a year earlier.  Looking back, I'm glad I did this.  It gave me the fire, passion, and renewed vigor to put pencil to paper.  And in seeing the results, I could not have been prouder.  So, about the picture; it's the cast of Street Fighter III: Third Strike - Fight for the Future.  The artist who rendered this version was a man named "Falcoon".  He became the new head artist at SNK when SHINKIRO left to work for Capcom when SNK shifted its focus to pachinko machines in 2001.  Because of that, we got Capcom Vs. SNK , its sequel, and this whole new artist, rising to the occasion.  I love his renditions of the cast as it has a great deal of flavor to them that emanates from every stroke.  Along with Street Fighter Alpha 3, this is a jewel in my collection as it kept my artistic side alive.


Tune in next week, same art time, same art channel for another piece.  And be here on Labor Day for a special edition of "Artsy Monday"

Comments

Popular Posts