Artsy Monday #3

It's just another Artsy Monday.  Today, I have an extra special treat for you.  Are you ready?  Here it comes!



This picture was drawn back in 1994 by my cousin, Nta.  I saw how he drew back then and I was so amazed at his abilities.  To draw practically exactly what he saw in front of him, and with pen and no mistakes was super impressive to me.  In this case, they were the Street Fighter Champion Edition characters, originally drawn by Capcom.  My friend, Austin, colored these people in with colored pencils.  Ever since that day he finished this picture for me, I knew that this was the hobby I wanted to do.  So, from that day forward, I drew pictures of pictures that I saw from video games, comic books, etc.  I put them in collage format and drew them as perfectly to detail as I could.

To this day, I have this picture and it is still intact.  I look at it every time I see my portfolio and I smile, as it has been a great inspiration to me to draw and keep drawing.


Tune in next week for another edition of Artsy Monday

Comments

Popular Posts