Who Do You Love?

 Are you sure?

Yes, definitely yes.

Are you sure?

Maybe....I guess

Are you sure?

Are you kidding? You're a mess!

You're not worth the stress.

Not good enough to touch a breast.

 

So what's left? What now?

She'll listen to me.  She'll date me right now.

She's hurt, damaged, abused, and torn

She's had it rough since the day she was born

I can understand, relate and I care

She's more than just a smile, a body and hair

But the pain she has felt, it won't go away

Every gesture to help her is a price I will pay

 

Hurt people hurt others, or something like that

What's the solution? Get a dog or a cat?

Open your heart, maybe cleanse the soul

No, don't do that.  Feelings are hard to control.

But I can save her, I can hold her up high

'Till her tears trickle upward, raining on the sky

But it's actually raining, the day comes to a halt

And wouldn't you know it, it's all my fault.

 

How much can we take? What more can we stand?

We no longer kiss, we're not hand in hand

So, I guess we just end it, stop the pain and let go

"I knew it", she thinks, "I was always in the know"

"You never wanted me.  You trapped me, you jerk!"

But all I ever wanted was for this to work

You can't save anyone, especially if they don't want it.

It's their life and pain to preserve and to flaunt it.

 

In the end, nothing gained.  Hearts are shattered.

In the end, the acts of love never mattered.

Try again, they'll say.  Give it another shot.

Do they even care if I want to or not?

Is this love, this quest for romance even worth it?

The dream child I hoped to father

Why hope to have one birth it?

 

Again, I try, and this one's a mother

The boy is all over the place; the woman...no, not another..

Another hurt person, seeing my kindness and care

Steals my energy and serenity to power the pain she wears

Thankfully, it's over, and again, it's on me

But for once in my life, I feel relief that I'm free

 

Who do I love? Me, for once and forever

Another toxic romance? Again to the never!

So, if you think companionship is a cure

Ask yourself: Who do you love? Are you sure?

Comments

Popular Posts