Artsy Monday #59

The 59th Artsy Monday is here for you, with this entry that is one of my more prolific outtakes:








This is one of my most prolific outtakes in the sense that I really, really tried to get this down pat.  I thought I nailed it, with the first half, but come the second.....I just wasn't feeling it anymore.  


The first side has eight of the twelve standard samurai, in Haomaru, Hanzo, Earthquake, and Kyoshiro on the bottom and up top, Gen An, Tam Tam, Wan Fu and Jubei.  I knew it wasn't perfect, but I was really proud of the accomplishment as it came out almost exactly how I wanted it.  Pretty cool.  And even cooler, were the poses they were in.  These were not the only drawing of these characters for this game.  They just so happened to be used for the Nintendo Power article on the Game Boy game, hence where I got them from.  


The second side is where things really, and I mean really, get dicey.  Starting with Galford, continuing with Charlotte, then Nakoruru, and lastly Ukyo.  This side is what makes this a very prolific outtake as I rushed it.  Yea, I tried to draw 4 characters in the span of 30 minutes because it was right before Monday Night Raw and I was so close to finishing.  There was also a movie on that I wanted to watch with the rest of the family.  Yikes.  Distraction city.  Anyhoo, what followed was a slapped together rendition of all four of them, including Ukyo having a more manly, boorish face, as opposed to a more gentle, handsome, and a bit effeminate one.  Oh, and Charlotte...I'm sorry about your legs. 


Tune in next week for the Labor Day edition of Artsy Monday

Comments

Popular Posts