Artsy Monday #58

Hey folks.  Here's to another Artsy Monday.  And here's another outtake:












As much as I love Street Fighter, I can't always get it just right.  This is proof of that, and there are more bits of evidence as well.  When you love a game so much that you want to draw just about any picture that comes through, you put your best foot forward and give it your all (thanks, Ryu, for that last line).  In this case for Super Street Fighter II Turbo,  I tried to get the pictures just right...and I just couldn't hit the mark.  For starters, the blond-haired fighters proved to be very challenging as I couldn't quite draw hair that wasn't darkened.  It made drawing Ken an exercise in futility as well as error.  Then, when it came to depth perception for each character, this was where I made my biggest error.  I have the tallest characters in the game all at a regular height (T.Hawk, Zangief, Sagat).  Meanwhile, the characters on top are not only taller than everyone when they should not be, but I rushed the lot of it because I just wanted to get this picture done and over with, knowing I didn't hit it.  Nonetheless, it was a novel attempt, especially since I had done this in 8th grade.  I would get much better in the following years.


Tune in next week for another edition of Artsy Monday

Comments

Popular Posts