Artsy Monday #55

It's #55 on the Artsy Monday speed limit.  Watch the radar gun and don't miss this one:










Here's how weathered this picture is: I had to scan it twice because the first time had the edges all turned inward.  Yikes.  This, I believe, may have been the very first picture I drew on this type of paper.  But it was worth it.  It's also the very last of the scribbles.  The game is Breath of Fire, an RPG brought to you by Capcom.  They didn't just do fighting games and action platformers. This was one of their off-shoot published series that, for lack of a better term, flew under the radar.  But, there were great reviews for it, no question.  I loved the artwork so much that I drew for part 3 earlier.  I wanted to for part 2, but the picture I found difficult because a) it was in the middle of the magazine, right on the crease and b) it was already a group picture.  As I've learned, if I'm not grouping them myself, it's much harder to draw.  This explains why there are so many pictures I have not drawn that I could have.  The work was already done for me.  Nonetheless, you have 8 main characters here, man or beast, with amazing abilities.  If you're a collector, get this game.  Until then, enjoy the artwork.


If you've made it this far in the journey, congratulations!  You've seen all of my artwork that I consider my good to best stuff.  I'm happy you journeyed along with me...but it's not over yet.  Starting next week, we have the outtakes, the mistakes, the stuff I thought was good, but looking back, does not have the same staying power as these.  I hold on to these next pictures as a reminder that they didn't hit the mark always, but it was worth a shot.  Ready to venture into the unknown?  Tune in next week, same time, same blogspot.

Comments

Popular Posts