Artsy Monday #56

So, here it is.  The final portion of my portfolio begins today....and it starts with the "outtakes".   These are the pieces of artwork, that for one reason or another, I just wasn't feeling.   No need to delay:












Clay Fighters!  Clay, Clay Fighters!  I saw the picture of beautiful cheerleaders singing the theme song to one of the most obscure fighting games I've ever owned in my Nintendo Power.  Then I saw the pictures of the game and the characters.  I had to play it.  I did, rented the Tournament Edition a bunch of times.  Finally got to own it. The game was unique, lots of fun, and all kinds of awesome.  So, why not immortalize it in picture form?  Well....


On the front, we had Bad Mr. Frosty, Tiny, Taffy and Blue Suede Goo.  When I was drawing these wonderful characters, I realized that they pictures I had to work with were not complete.  As in, they were half drawn.  I had to use the other pictures I saw on that page as a guide.  As for the colors, I credit my best friend in elementary school for bringing out the awesome fullness of each character with his coloring method.  Of all the outtakes, this one came closest to what I wanted.  It was weathered severe over time.  I guess you could say it was like a demo.

On the back, we have Ickybod Clay, The Blob, Bonker, and Helga.  These 4 were the most challenging as they had the most detail in some instances.  But, like the previous four, incomplete with me having to improvise.  The colors were pretty solid, thanks to my friend.  Looking back, as mentioned before, it was the closest to quality that it was practically a scribble than an outtake.  However, it just wasn't all there.  


Tune in next week for more outtakes on Artsy Monday

Comments

Popular Posts