Artsy Monday #44

Hey, it's Artsy Monday, and we've finally reached the tail-end of my portfolio, which means after this part is over, Artsy Monday will be semi-regular as getting around to artwork may be a little more challenging with projects stacking up.  Having said that, let the gag reel/outtakes of my artwork begin! 












To preface this, I was given a bunch of loose leaf paper to draw on back in the 6th and 7th grade.  With it, my drawing needs were met at the time as it allowed me to do a lot of tracing, which was something I did a lot at the time.  After this, I made the transition to 8.5 x 11 paper and traced no more.  I just drew as best I could from what I saw.  

That said, the top portion was my re-creation of snippets from my Mario Vs Wario comic back from the January 1994 issue of Nintendo Power.  I really enjoyed the presentation of the comic itself.  Mario and the gang in manga form.  Great stuff, to be sure.   
 
The middle portion was of a few random pictures of Princess Peach and Toad that I found.  I also found a random picture of Mario using his hammer.  I tied both pictures together as you can see with Wario and Luigi only they were based on pictures of Mario using his cape and Bowser holding his head after getting hit by a shell in Mario Kart.  It was one of the first times I did something of the sort.  Pretty good, eh?
 
The bottom portion of the picture has Apple and Cinnaman from Apple Cinnamon Cheerios.  They wanted another mascot for this cereal and here's who they landed on.  To promote it, they made comics of these two in certain magazines.  That's where I got the picture to draw.  This was the only successful time I got to draw this picture, as you'll see later on. 
 
 
See you next time.

L


Comments

Popular Posts