Artsy Monday #42

It's Artsy Monday, folks.  Here's another entry for you, but, Spoiler Alert:  We're getting to the end of the portfolio as we're about to cross into new territory: the gag reel or the bootlegs, as it were.  That's right.  The random scribbling that I did over the years that I thought were or were not good.  Whatever the case, let's get into the next one:














I was very much into drawing as a young lad that I actually wanted to draw comics "the Marvel Way".  I came across this book in the library and boy, was it an eye-opener.  I decided that, from then on, if I was ever going to draw comics, I was going to put these cool tasks into practice.  At the time, it was a nice dream.  Currently, it's modifying into a passion of sorts.  Now, with a few projects ahead of me, I'll be looking to draw comics and very soon.  But first, let's look at this entry as a bit of a starting point on the journey.

On the front, we have Spider-Man.  Just as the book had shown me how to draw Spidey, I followed it up to the letter.  What you see here is a result of that attempt, which I must say, looks pretty darn good!  What doesn't look good is my attempt at drawing Nova.    Had to start somewhere.  So, it is what it is.

On the back, we have Iron Man.  Just as the book had shown me, Iron Man was drawn right down to the letter, and boy was it pretty awesome.  Compared to this design now, even as it was early, it's still pretty detailed.  And I'm very proud of it.  



Tune in next week for the final entry of Artsy Monday before we get to the "scribbling" section.  Same Artsy time, Same Artsy station!

Comments

Popular Posts