Artsy Monday #62

Artsy Monday #62 is here.  So, what do we have down the pipeline?










Let's start with the side note.  On the bottom of this picture is a collection of characters from a book called Inspector Rebus.  I remember reading this a bunch at the age of 7.  I drew them as I saw them as we held on to the book well into the mid to late 1990s.  You had a bartender, his girlfriend, a security guard and a socialite all following the inspector, whom I didn't draw because it was just a bit more challenging than I had hoped.  Anyhoo, this was an example on how to re-draw a group drawing to some success.

On the top, however, that wasn't the case.  This was one of two times I tried to draw this specific picture: Super Street Fighter II - The Tournament Battle.  Basically, this picture was put together by Capcom consisting of all 16 characters in the game, with different colored outfits all in a group.  If you can find the picture online, you'll see it was well put together.  My attempt, however, not so well put together.  There were a lot of smudges, positioning errors, and way too much trouble drawing certain characters.  From Ken's hair to Chun Li's features, and even Zangief's head being the wrong size, this was an exercise in sheer difficulty.  How difficult?  I tried to picture...twice.  The second picture was way, WAY, worse.  Later on in the years, I got much better at drawing the Street Fighters.  This, to me, was one of my highest profile mistakes, for as a fan of Street Fighter.  Brutal.  


Take care and enjoy the next Artsy Monday....which will have some more outtakes.

Comments

Popular Posts