Artsy Monday #60

It's the 60th Artsy Monday in the series, and on Labor Day again.  So, here's another entry from my labors as an artist:







Sonic Blast Man was one of those series that I got into on the Super Nintendo, and yet, I never played it.  I never even rented it.  It was one of the super rare games on a system that was released on a very limited set of quantities.  It was like, if you lived near a major video game store or toy store, you'd find the game.  Anyhoo, the first game came out during the first 2 years or so of the SNES' life span.  It was also one player.  I didn't mind that since copies of Final Fight for the SNES were also one player.  To my surprise, a sequel to Sonic Blast Man was created.  It was two player and had two new characters in Captain Choyear and Sonia.  Taito had a franchise on their hands.

Artistically, though, I had my problems with this outtake in the sense that everything just didn't look as good as I had hoped.  My biggest nitpick was Sonia.  I have always had problems drawing women.  Specifically, their faces especially when their lips are full.  You'll be seeing more of that later.  Either way, this was an outtake for that reason.  

Take care and enjoy until the next Artsy Monday.


Comments

Popular Posts