Artsy Monday #26

Here's another Artsy Monday entry for you, and it's another doubler and a doozy:








Here's one of my earlier pictures from back in 1994.  I got these pictures from the Super Nintendo iteration of TMNT: Tournament Fighters.  The pictures were in my Nintendo Power, and I felt compelled to draw them.  I believe I did this right after I finished my very first Mega Man picture (it was Mega Man X).  I had a blast doing this as a TMNT fan and as a fighting game fan.  Ironically, I never had or played the game.  

On the front, we have the fab 4 themselves.  No, not the Beatles, or even beetles.  They were all doing special moves, each.  Upon further inspection, I now realize that the move Donatello was doing was supposed to be a multi-hit move.  All I did was draw the first hit thinking that's how it was supposed to be done.  Still pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

On the back, we have a litany of characters that appeared in the comics, television show, toys, etc.  Armagon, Wingnut, Aska, Chrome Dome, War, and Cyber Shredder.  They are also doing special moves in a way.  What really got my attention was the amount of detail each character had.  They were also exclusive to this version of the game.  All versions had exclusive characters and I have to tell you, that was an awesome selling point.  


See you next time on Artsy Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts