Artsy Monday #27

27 up, 27 down.  It's Artsy Monday for the 27th time, and here's a great one for you:







This is one of my very favorite pictures.  I put this to work around junior year in high school in the Winter.  This was one of the first pictures I drew with a lead pencil instead of a regular pencil due to me not liking the smudging I did when I erased or the resharpening I did with my pencils.  Once my friend suggested a lead pencil, I never looked back.  This was also one of the pictures I was working on when I was discouraged to keep drawing because, well, school was more important.  Boy, did it sting.  Looking back, I'm glad I never gave up.  Some hobbies and passions are just way too important in life, and this was one of them.

I had always been a fan of Darkstalkers as a franchise.  I even blogged about it a few years ago, citing how as a franchise, it got lost in the shuffle.  To me, this is my homage to it.  If I can and will, I'll always look up videos of matches between people for this game and others in the series.  


See you next time, for a very special edition of Artsy Monday!


Comments

Popular Posts