Artsy Monday #52

Here's the Artsy Monday entry for today.  Are you ready?  Alrighty!







Back in the day, I used to draw three different things on a page in like compartments....or artistic apartments.  LOL.  Anyhoo, this is one of the few that survived the test of time.  
 
Firstly, I have a Disney entry (I believe my only Disney entry) from a comic in Disney Adventures (anyone remember that magazine?) The comic showcased the adventures of Mickey Mouse and friends in the Magic Kingdom.  In the end, he triumphed over Pete with Donald, Goofy, and Minnie's help and approval.  
 
The second part of the picture also came from Disney Adventures when they had a comic of Bone.  This was the first I ever heard of Bone and I'm glad I did as I enjoyed the story.  So much so, that I bought the entire comic run of Bone in compendium form.  So, we have Fone Bone thinking, Phoney Bone complaining while looking for the direction to head in, and Smiley Bone happy to have a dollar for the map he sold Phoney. It's much funnier when you read it.  

Last, but not least, we have Mario and Friends, when it is actually Super Mario Kart's cast while outside of their carts.  This was, if I may say, one of the few times I drew Mario and his crew back then without tracing the majority of it.  Anyhoo, these characters were actually in their go-karts or not while they were drawn.  I chose to transpose their legs into a standing position or sitting.  Bowser might not have approved....



As the scribbles come to an end and the outtakes come closer, have a great and beautiful week as I see you next time on Artsy Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts