Artsy Monday #39

Artsy Monday again.  And this and next week will be some doozies:







Skies of Arcadia Legends was one of my favorite games to play, as an RPG, as a Gamecube game, and as a video game altogether.  It was one of the last great RPGs I played, along with the Paper Mario series.  The story, the game mechanics, the characters, everything hit on all cylinders for me.  One thing that definitely did was the art style.  

I was drawn to the art style as I was for Suikoden 3.  Since I didn't possess that game at the time, this was the game of choice.  I had to do it justice and respect if there was a way to draw it.  Lo and behold, there was.  And I couldn't have been happier!  This week, it's the heroes of Skies of Arcadia Legends.  On the bottom, you have the standard 6 team members: Vyse, Drachma, Gilder, Enrique, Fina and Aika.  Surrounding them, the crew of their ship.  You can obtain each and every one of these folks as you progress through the game.  It's definitely worth it to get every characters for the sake of game progress.  Long story short, this at the time, was my most ambitious drawing as it had the most people I ever drew.  So much area was covered and with great detail.  I loved this drawing.


Tune in next week for the second half of the picture, where we have villains!  Same Artsy time.  Same Artsy channel.

Comments

Popular Posts