Artsy Monday #38

It's the first Monday of the month of April.  So, that makes this the first Artsy Monday of April 2016.  Happy Artsy Monday!  Now, for today's entry:






Here we have my drawing of Chrono Trigger.  I had to give a nod to the man who drew one of my favorite cartoons of all time, Dragon Ball Z.  So, I put in "art by Akira Toriyama" as a means to show reverence.  I have always been a fan of his art ever since I started watching Dragon Ball Z.  It was a suggestion by my little brothers back when I was a teenager because they were so into the show when it came to America.  I was resistant, but, I finally got on board and boy, was it worth it.  Once I saw the art style, I never forgot it.  So, when I saw it for this game, I had to draw it.  It also helped that the characters were already in my Nintendo Power.

I drew the main team of heroes for this picture.  I have to admit that I had a tremendous amount of trouble drawing Marle, Lucca, and Robo. Not so much because they were very detailed.  But, mostly because my eraser and pencil was not up to par or snuff for this picture.  If I kept on erasing, I would have put a hole in the paper, which would be very bad.  I believe this was before I got the lead pencil motif.  But, in the end, it came out better than I thought at the time.  I'm very proud of this picture, and even prouder that I got a chance to play, own, and beat the game.  


Tune in next time, same artsy time, same artsy channel!

Comments

Popular Posts