Artsy Monday #32

This Artsy Monday, I'm starting the Mega Man series.  For the next 4 weeks, you'll be getting your fill of Mega Man pictures that I drew.  Are you ready?







This picture represents the characters from Mega Man 7.  I drew this around the time when the game came out, back in 1995.  So, this was a 7th grade picture.  It wasn't my first Mega Man picture, but, it is one of my favorites.  It's also one of two Mega Man pictures that I drew on the front and the back.  I always admired the detail that went into each character and their design.  There is a lot of meticulous detail that goes into each character that really speaks to me.  The gears, the lights, the buttons, it's all awesome stuff.  I really enjoy drawing Mega Man characters.

On the front of this picture, we have the robot masters.  This was the first Mega Man picture that took the new art approach that I was emulating from my cousin Nta.  I realized in order to fill everyone on one side, I had to group them together.  I liked how this came out, very much so.  My then-friend, Antonio, decided to put his stamp of approval on this picture by naming Shade Man and Slash Man.  I named the rest of them.  What stands out about this picture is that I was using a #2 and a #3 pencil.  At times, I didn't know which pencil I was using, so practically every character is dark in some places and light in others.  I then decided to put some more thought into using these pencils for shading purposes when needed, be it light, dark or mixed shading.

On the back of this picture, I drew Mega Man and Rush.  Why this is important?  Firstly, I attempted to draw Mega Man another way, and it didn't quite come out right.  So, I chose the rocket-pack picture.  Secondly, This is the only Mega Man picture I have made that actually has Mega Man on it.  No kidding.  Every other Mega Man picture drawn doesn't have any heroes on it, specifically Mega Man himself.  



Tune in next week for another Mega Man driven episode of Artsy Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts