Artsy Monday #65

And here it is:





I drew this from a copy of Disney Adventures.  I had never had the best of luck drawing characters from comic books at an early age.  But, I carried on, and well, I'd be hard-pressed to not mention my humble beginnings.  That said, here we have my favorite team of all time: the X-Men doing separate things on two sides of paper.  

Side 1 of this paper has the X-men in the Danger Room.  Beast, Jubilee and Gambit either hanging around, controlling the room's difficulty and/or fighting the training dummies, respectively made for a more awesome picture in my opinion.  I had some problems with Gambit's card hand.  Also, Jubilee's legs were not exactly well-proportioned.  Nonetheless, I did enjoy this side much more so than the opposite side.

Side 2 of this paper had the X-men in action, ready for combat.  Wolverine was out front, and his was a challenge for one specific reason: the original picture I drew it from didn't have adamantium claws.  So, I had to draw them on from memory.  Then we have the lovely Rogue, who's original picture had her with her teeth gritted.  At the time, I had severe trouble drawing women, and this was no exception.  I substituted a closed mouth in for her, and boy, did it come out bad to me.  Up top, we have Storm. Honestly, she came out much better than Rogue, with some issues.  For starters, the lips were much better than Rogue, but her right knee isn't well-proportioned.  In the end, I had my first hand-drawn picture of the X-men to add to the portfolio.  



Congratulations.  If you're reading this far, that means that you have made it to the actual end of my portfolio.  This is the final completed picture in my collection.  It's been one amazing ride to say the least, and I have to say, I never in all my life thought to even do this.  I always figured I'd hold on to my pictures and never scan them, since I didn't own a scanner, but lo and behold, I bought a multitask printer.  Then, a good friend suggested to scan them and talk about them as I am always doting on my work, but never sharing them fully.  I finally did it and it has been an amazing ride to say the least. Does this mean that Artsy Monday is dead and gone?  Of course not.  It just means that entries will not be on a regular basis as my art will be finished over time instead.  So, keep your eyes peeled for another entry in the world of Artsy Monday.  Thank you for joining me and enjoy the artwork that you see.  Much love to you and keep those art supplies rockin!

Comments

  1. Sorry to have missed Artsy Mondays. These X-Men are among my favorites, as well. Though, I was never the biggest Jubilee fan. But, I grew up on these characters and they'll always be my fave superteam. Chris Claremont's original 15-year run was just phenomenal, but he had some help of course, from some very talented co-creators and artists. Nice rendition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eddie. No worries about missing Artsy Monday. There's plenty of entries on this blog to cover that, plus more on the way. And thank you for the compliment on the artwork. It wasn't easy by any stretch, especially for a child. But the fact that I have something close says plenty. I'm proud of my work. I'm glad you like it, too. As for Claremont, of course he had the market cornered on the awesome mutants and had lots of help, too. I got to meet him last year at Comic Con. It was mind blowing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts