Artsy Monday #64

Hey, it's Artsy Monday Nintendo 64.  I mean....well, it's the 64th Artsy Monday.  It's a semi-special one because, well, we've made it almost to the end of my portfolio.  That said, here's another outtake:









This entry comes from the game, WeaponLord.  It was one of the many Super Nintendo fighting games that came out during the 1990s, when Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were killing it out there as fighting games.  Well, some fighting games had it, and some didn't.  WeaponLord didn't.  They had some nice artwork in Nintendo Power that I wanted to replicate.....and I just couldn't get it done.  On side one, we have three guys.  In fact, they are they only three guys you can choose that aren't the boss, if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember the names...and don't really care to.  I just remember how tough it was to draw them for a litany of reasons.  Such overblown muscle definition....it's like I was in the WBF

On the other side, we have the only three ladies you can choose, I believe.  Also, the boss character.  Sadly, the boss character was the easiest person I could draw.  At the time, I had extreme troubles drawing women.  It showed tremendously in this picture.  The lips were just a pain to nail down.  Oh, and the women with dark hair?  I really made a mess of it, hence why shading it dark into a large Amazonian Afro was the way to go.  You live and learn.


Next week, the very end of my portfolio....and the end of Artsy Monday?

Comments

Popular Posts