Artsy Monday #23

This Artsy Monday is brought to you by the holiday season.  To all the readers, have a Merry Christmas, hope you had a Happy Hanukkah, have a festive Kwanzaa, have a super awesome Solstice, and a freaking awesome Festivus (for the rest of us).  That all said, here's today's entry:







Here we have my attempt at envelope art.  I had made two other attempts with Game Boy games (Link's Awakening, Kirby's Pinball Land, Yoshi, Earthworm Jim) and the Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past comic.  The first one I didn't keep out of, well, perfectionist reasons (I was so adamant at getting it right back then as a kid).  The second one I sent in to Nintendo Power, in hopes of seeing it in a magazine.  No luck.  So, this time, I made one for myself that I was content with.

On the front, we have the characters from Samurai Shodown 3.  This was actually my second shot at a Samurai Shodown picture.  I was really happy with this.  The dark nature of this game really grabbed me, along with my favoring Samurai Shodown 2.  I really find this to be my one of my favorite pieces of work.  Also, I had started and finished this during the Thanksgiving and Christmas season of 1997, if I'm not mistaken.  On the back, we have the Samurai Shodown 3 logo, as best I could make it.  Good stuff.

See you next week for the year end edition of Artsy Monday!


Comments

Popular Posts