Artsy Monday #10

It's the 10th Artsy Monday, and guess what?  It's another double feature!  Woo hoo.







This is the other Battle Arena Toshinden picture I drew based on the Game Boy game.  I saw these figures in the Game Boy booklet.  I just had to draw them.  So small, so cute, so volatile.  I actually drew this picture twice.  The first time I drew it, I wasn't entirely happy with it.  So, I drew this version and stopped at Mondo because my brother lost the booklet while returning the defective Game Boy he got with this game for Christmas.  So, I actually took the first picture and drew from what I drew for Ellis, Gaia and Sho.  I looked and compared and I was proud.  To think, I could draw from what I saw and it came out great.  Another anecdote: I showed this to people in high school and instantly someone tried to tear it down as not art as I was just drawing from what I saw.  I was deeply shaken by it and it affected me.  Looking back, I know now it was jealousy.  I never confronted the guy on it since then.  I'm glad I didn't.  :-).  Onto the next picture...


My friend in high school, Jonathan, like me, was a fan of Japanese Anime.  He wanted to know if I could draw a picture of Speed Racer.  I jumped on the occasion and drew Speed from a magazine.  Since he was half finished, I filled in the holes best I could.  He was impressed.  I was happy.  And my artistic exploits continued.  I didn't have spare paper to draw him on, so I used the back of the Battle Arena Toshinden picture instead.  


Tune in next week for more Artsy Monday! 

Comments

Popular Posts